Programmability, Security, and Algorithmic Challenges in Future Networks
July 4th - July 10th, 2022
University of California at Irvine, USA
Some Recent Advances in Security and Privacy for Low-End IoT/Embedded/Smart Devices
- Marco Ajmone Marsan (IMDEA, Madrid, Spain): "Should I MEC or should I cloud"
- Frank Fitzek (Technical University of Dresden, Germany): "Ingredients for the Metaverse: Post Shannon, Quantum, and Randomness"
- Alessandro Mei (University of Roma La Sapienza, Italy): "Frauds in the cryptocurrency ecosystem"
- Francesco Restuccia (Northeastern University, USA): "AI for Wireless and Wireless for AI: A Tale of Two AIs"
- Michele Zorzi (University of Padua, Italy): "The potential of Non-Terrestrial Networks for future telecommunications: technologies and trends"
- Alf Zugenmaier (Hochschule Munchen University of Applied Sciences, Germany): 5G Security
Click here to download the latest schedule.
Travel and accommodation
Participants should arrange their accommodations. Check the “Accommodation and Costs” sections for a list of available lodgings with special rates. The conference room (located at Hotel Giardino sul Mare, Via Maddalena, Lipari) is air-conditioned and equipped with all conference materials. Special areas are reserved for students for the afternoon coursework and study. The island of Lipari can be easily reached from Milazzo, Palermo, Naples, Messina, and Reggio Calabria by ferry or hydrofoil (50 minutes from Milazzo).
Two kinds of participants are welcome.
Students: Participants who are expected to do afternoon coursework and take a final exam (The grades will be given following the ECTS grading scale). The course will involve a total of 24 hours of teaching. Passing the final exam gives the right to an equivalent of 6 ECTS credits in any Ph.D. program.
Auditors: participants who are not interested in taking the final exam.
The registration fee is 500 €. The fee covers the course material, bus+hydrofoil Catania airport-Lipari-Catania airport, social events, and coffee breaks. Late registration is 600 €.
Early registration applications can be submitted up to June 6th, 2022. Late registrations will be accepted up to June 27th, 2022.
Applicants must include an updated link to an official website. In case of cancellation after fees payments, a 25% penalty will be applied. In the case of credit card payment, processing fees cannot be reimbursed. Payment must be received as soon as possible, and in any case no later than July 1st, 2022. Only wire transfer or credit card payments can be accepted.